Lottomatica operates in a highly regulated and controlled sector, which is the result of a long and complex regulatory process aimed at pursuing important objectives of public interest, such as the protection of legality and the fight against illegality, the protection of consumers and, in particular, of minors.
The Group operates with full awareness of its role in promoting a legal and responsible gaming model, respecting the consumer as a subject to be protected and to be offered innovative and engaging gaming experiences, of quality and in total safety.
Lottomatica's commitment to all its stakeholders - employees, customers, suppliers, investors, institutions, communities - is to implement all the necessary actions to ensure that attention to responsible gaming is a central component in the construction of a sustainable business strategy and is an integral part of its daily operations.
For this reason, the Group works in a constantly reliable and professional manner to promote a responsible and conscious approach to gaming, supporting its customers in approaching gaming activities in a healthy way and respecting their limits, and has formalized its commitment within a Responsible Gaming Program, adopting specific guidelines and empowering the resources who work along the supply chain: from business lines to personnel who maintain relationships with players, both directly, in physical entertainment venues, or indirectly, through remote gaming platforms.
National Toll-Free Number of the Istituto Superiore di Sanità
It may happen, in some cases, to be exposed to the risk of developing a gambling problem due to improper behavior or an unbalanced approach.
In such cases, the National Toll-Free Number for gambling-related problems should be immediately contacted. The service, which is managed by Italy’s Higher Institute of Health, is anonymous and free, and is not only intended for players, allowing them to get in touch with and seek the help of professionals, but is open to anyone who wishes to receive information about the health services dedicated to the treatment of gambling-related problems.
The Ten Commandments of Responsible Gaming
- Gambling is entertainment, not a way to make money
- Only gamble with amounts that are within your financial means
- Play just for the sake of the game, and in full knowledge of the rules
- Only gamble for the length of time that you set at the beginning and take a break when you have been gambling for too long
- If you decide to stop or to gamble less, commit to doing so
- Do not play to "recoup losses", and accept the outcome as an expense of the entertainment
- Do not borrow money in order to gamble
- Don’t overdo the frequency of your gambling, and not give up other leisure activities to focus on gambling
- Don’t lie to friends and family about the amounts that you have spent on gambling
- Don’t treat gambling as a way of resolving issues and concerns, and do not gamble while under the influence of alcohol or drugs